users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: Using local transport when hosting JAX-WS services

From: Vincent Lamareille <vinc_at_sorengo.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 00:39:11 +0200

Alessio Cervellin wrote:

> > Are there well known issues about this kind of architecture,
> > that is a
> > WS framework to integrate locally legacy code?
> > Would it be simpler, faster (?) to use a local transport instead
> > of
> > HTTP?
>
> AFAIK, Sun JWSDP supports only HTTP as transport protocol.
> Other vendors' implementations offers other protocols, like JMS.
> Anyway, I'm not sure about what kind of architecture best fit your needs.

Hi,

It's only kind of SOA on the same machine, in other words IPC between a
client JVM and pluggable services written in Fortran for example, with
no more dependency than the service interface already specified.

Exchange between apps is RPC, so Corba or WS are possible solutions
offering low coupling. Obviously, for flexibility, extensibility ...
reasons, I am sure that I want to avoid any JNI or JNI-like solution.

Testing a WS with client and server on the same machine is a similar
approach, though I am looking for ideas to reduce the delay between
request and response.

Vincent