users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: [wscompile] invalid entity name

From: Clinton <clinton.bosch_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 11:54:06 +0000 (UTC)

Kevin Jones <kevinj <at> develop.com> writes:
> <message name="getAccountAgeResponse">
> <part name="result"
> type="xsd1:AccountAge"/>
> </message>
>
> Expects an AccountAge type but AccountAge
> isn’t defined as a Type, it’s defined as an Element. Change your
> schema to something like
>

> <schema targetNamespace="http://dorado/xsd/"
>
> xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
> <complexType
> name="AccountAge">
>

> <sequence>
>
> <element name="balanceCurrentTerms" type="int"/>
>
> <element name="balanceCurrentCash" type="int"/>
>
> <element name="balance30" type="int"/>
>
> <element name="balance60" type="int"/>
>
> <element name="balance90" type="int"/>
>
> <element name="balance120" type="int"/>
>
> <element name="balance150" type="int"/>
>
> <element name="balance180" type="int"/>
>
> </sequence>
>
> </complexType>
> </schema>
>

> Kevin Joneshttp://kevinj.develop.com/weblog

Hi Kevin

Thanks for the help, you are a legend ... problem solved.

I am however now having a different problem and was hoping you could help.
I am trying to make an dii call to a server which returns a complex type. Now
the way I understand it, in this instance the dii call is not truly dynamic
since the client needs its own source of this complexType. So I copied the
bean(which does implement java.io.Serializable) from the server side into the
client side source.

When I make the call, the server responds successfully with this complex type,
but then the client fails with the following exception:

java.io.WriteAbortedException: writing aborted;
java.io.NotSerializableException:
com.sun.xml.rpc.util.localization.LocalizableSupport

In short, can I call a service which returns a complexType using dii,
and if so, what have I done wrong?

Thanks again
Clinton