users@jax-rpc.java.net

Java and .NET Double data type Issues

From: Leo Berisa <Leo.Berisa_at_reuters.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 18:01:46 -0400

Hello,

Sometime ago I have created a static jax-rpc client, a standalone
multithreaded java application that
talks to .NET web service.

Right now, I am extending it to accept the data defined in WSDL file as
a double datatype (.NET double).

Frequently for those values java would display a NaN, or a reduced
number (4E+5 instead of 4E+8)
or even different number. I gather that the problem lies with the
different representations of the double float data type.

I need to say that I did not research this problem fully and was hoping
for a quick solution from someone who
is familiar with this problem, if there is a problem!?

Thanks, Leo

To find out more about Reuters Products and Services visit http://www.reuters.com/productinfo

the views of Reuters Ltd.