users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: wrong ampersand encoding when using handlers

From: Alessio Cervellin <alessio.cervellin_at_sun-cs-italy.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 10:08:52 +0200 (CEST)

> ==========================
> Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 16:02:33 -0400
> From: Bobby Bissett - Javasoft <Robert.Bissett_at_Sun.COM>
> To: users_at_jax-rpc.dev.java.net
> Subject: Re: wrong ampersand encoding when using handlers
> ==========================
>
> I tried to reproduce this with a fresh jwsdp1.5 install and couldn't
> see
> the problem. I've seen it before, so I know there used to be
> an issue,
> but I can't recreate it with build "1.1.2_01, build R40". I also
> tried
> it with a slightly later version from a workspace (1.1.2_04),
> the
> workspace from which jwsdp1.6 (1.1.3), and the jax-ws 2.0 workspace.
> The
> good news is that the problem was fixed at some point, but I'd
> rather be
> able to reproduce the issue with an older version to make sure
> I am
> doing the right thing.
>
> I created simple apps with each of the jax-rpc/ws with a handler
> on the
> client side, and had the client send a string such as "a & b"
> to the
> server. In each case, watching the http traffic over the wire,
> I am
> seeing "a &amp; b" in the request rather than the &amp;amp; double
> encoded version.

Hi Bobby, so far this is my analysis:
my client has been compiled with wscompile 1.1.2_01 build R40, but was running into Sun WebServer 6.1 JES 2005Q1 Solaris 10 without JWSDP1.5 installed.
Well, it seems this WebServer is not being shipped with the latest version of jax-rpc, and probably it contains the version with the ampersand bug. Till a few days ago it was not possbile to install JWSDP1.5 on this WebServer due to a bug in the installer: now JWSDP1.6 has fixed both the installer problem and the ampersand bug. :)