users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: wrong ampersand encoding when using handlers

From: Bobby Bissett - Javasoft <Robert.Bissett_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 12:08:07 -0400

Alessio Cervellin wrote:
> When using a client handler, the ampersand char is not encoded
> properly: "&" becomes "&amp;amp;" instead of "&amp;". This was a
> known behavior more than 1 year ago
> (https://jax-rpc.dev.java.net/servlets/ReadMsg?listName=users&msgNo=1604)
> which should have been fixed, but I still get this error with
> JWSDP1.5 (wscompile 1.1.2_01, build R40). Can anyone confirm this? Is
> this a regression or it has been never fixed in the official release?

Is it being decoded properly at the other end? Is the ampersand a
method param in the client code or something the handler is adding?

Let me know more about the actual use case and what the problem is that
your seeing. For the jaxws 2.0 case, this shouldn't be a problem any
more but maybe something needs to be done in the 1.X code.

Thanks,
Bobby