users@jax-rpc.java.net

Need ur favor -- software engineer from Relience

From: Shoeb Ghazi <shoebg_at_motechsoftware.com>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 20:08:31 +0530

Arun,

I read ur article "wsdl:binding "style", "use", and message format" which I
found very useful.
As I am new in Web Service World, I wanted to clarify doubts related to
interoperability problems.

Here I am explaining the problem..

Environment:

Client: gSaop client running on LINUX
Web Service: .Net Remoting web service on Windows2000 work station
Remoting web Service method: int Transcode(int id, string name)

Here is rpc/encoding style soap request and response which I am logging..

Request:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
xmlns:ns1="http://schemas.microsoft.com/clr/nsassem/Transcoder.Motech.CiCAT/
MotechiCAT%2C%20Version%3D1.0.1965.27903%2C%20Culture%3Dneutral%2C%20PublicK
eyToken%3Dnull">
<SOAP-ENV:Body
<ns1:TransCode>
        <id>100</id>
        <name>shoeb</name>
</ns1:TransCode>
</SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

Response:
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xmlns:clr="http://schemas.microsoft.com/soap/encoding/clr/1.0"
<SOAP-ENV:Body>
<i2:TransCodeResponse id="ref-1"
xmlns:i2="http://schemas.microsoft.com/clr/nsassem/Transcoder.Motech.CiCAT/M
otechiCAT">
<return>100</return>
</i2:TransCodeResponse>
</SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

Can you please verify where I am doing wrong in soap request/response?

.net Remoting web service is able to recieve data, and also the response
data is reaching to gSoap cleint till http layer (verified by logging
response) but the gSoap client is not able to interpret the response..

Thanks and regards,
Shoeb

DISCLAIMER:
This message (Including any attachments) is confidential and is intended only for the addressee. All MoTech Software mails and attachments are scanned for all known viruses at the time of transmission. However, please scan the mail and attachments for viruses before opening or downloading from this transmission. We will not accept any liability for damages through virus. If you are not the intended recipient or received this message by mistake, please notify the sender by E-mail & delete the message from the system. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of the message in whole or part is strictly prohibited.