users@jax-rpc.java.net

jax-rpc web.xml getting overwritten?

From: Rune Science <runescience_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 10:56:26 -0700 (PDT)

Hi. I have written a full fledged webservice, based on
the simple hello sample.

The thing is that I need to add to the servlet section
of the web.xml the following lines.

<init-param>
<param-name>user</param-name>
<param-value>me</param-value>
<param-name>password</param-name>
<param-value>pw</param-value>
<param-name>database</param-name>
<param-value>someconnection</param-value>
</init-param>

I noticed that there is a before web.xml and after the
wscompile and deploy run, there is an updated web.xml
file.

The before web.xml has no servlet in it. This makes
sense, because its a skeleton, but of course there is
no servlet section yet.

So I edit the lines to put the servlet name in there
and the init param section.

How do I get those lines into the web.xml, and get
them to stay there? I tried to find some properties in
the wscompile and the wsdeploy, and the config.xml,
and the -ri.xml file. But there is no indication on
how to do that.

Can some one give me some advice???

Yahoo! Mail