users@jax-rpc.java.net

Using standard Tomcat for hosting web services

From: Ryan LeCompte <Ryan.LeCompte_at_pangonetworks.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 07:46:50 -0400

Hello all,

I had a question regarding using tomcat for the hosting of web services. It appears that the JWSDP 1.5 requires a version of Tomcat that is actually customized for the JWSDP in order to host/run web services. Can anyone tell me what the main difference is between the regular Tomcat that is downloadable from Apache and the "Tomcat for JWSDP" that is downloadable via Sun's web site? I'd like to know if there is a fairly easy path to configure a regular/standard Tomcat to be able to host web services just like the Tomcat for JWSDP can. Is it simply a matter of dropping a few JARs in the correct location? Do I need to configure any additional JWSDP-specific servlets?

Any guidance is appreciated.

Thanks,

Ryan