users@jax-rpc.java.net

HTTP proxy problem

From: a.vezain_at_hermes.asso.fr <arnaud.vezain_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 19:15:15 +0200

Hi,

I have recently developed a simple web service which I published and
which is now available on the net.
My problem is that I must build a client of that WS being behind an HTTP proxy.

I've noticed that the wscompile provide a -httpproxy option but it
doesn't seems to work.
None of all the generated classes, including the Stubs, reffers to the
HTTP proxy I setted up.
I've used the syntax "-httpproxy:http://MyProxyName:MyProxyPort" for
the wscompile option.

The wscompile tools generates all the classes and raises no
exceptions. But the execution of the client fails raising a
ConnectException :

run-client:
    [java] java.rmi.RemoteException: Erreur de transport HTTP :
java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect; nested
exception is:
    [java] Erreur de transport HTTP : java.net.ConnectException:
Connection timed out: connect
    [java] at org.client.hello.TestWSIF_Stub.ping(TestWSIF_Stub.java:87)
    [java] at org.client.hello.HelloClient.main(HelloClient.java:29)
    [java] Caused by: Erreur de transport HTTP :
java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
    [java] at
com.sun.xml.rpc.client.http.HttpClientTransport.invoke(HttpClientTransport.java:140)
    [java] at
com.sun.xml.rpc.client.StreamingSender._send(StreamingSender.java:92)
    [java] at org.client.hello.TestWSIF_Stub.ping(TestWSIF_Stub.java:70)
    [java] ... 1 more

Did I miss something ?
Is there a property to set in the main class before calling the WS ?

Thanks,

--
Arnaud VEZAIN
Association HE.R.M.E.S.