users@jax-rpc.java.net

Getting Tomcat to locate jars needed for Web Services

From: Ryan Champlin <ryan.champlin_at_firstlogic.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 14:00:11 -0500

I see someone else posted a request on how to setup a standalone (not incorporated into JWSDP) instance of Tomcat to run web services. The solution was to copy all the needed JAX-RPC jar files in the common/lib directory for tomcat. I haven't done thus but assumed it will work.

However, I'm trying to figure out how they did this in the JWSDP. I don't see those files in the common/lib directory and I've been trying to see if there is a config file in Tomcat that they've used to add these jar's to the CLASSPATH. Anybody have any ideas?

I'd prefer not to copy all my jars over to the common lib but have them picked up by Tomcat. It looks like I could do this in the catalina.properties file.
However, the Tomcat shipped with JWSDP didn't do that. How did they.

Thanks,
Ryan