users@jax-rpc.java.net

how so set a fixed value for an element (wsdl)

From: Alessio Cervellin <alessio.cervellin_at_sun-cs-italy.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 12:18:54 +0100 (CET)

(x-posting on jax-rpc & jwsdp ml)

My question is simple:
is it possible (and how) with jax-rpc 1.1 to have a WSDL which defines a fixed value for an element (element, not attribute) of a schema?

Let's say I define an element like the following:

<xsd:element name="AnElement">
  <xsd:complexType>
  </xsd:complexType>
</xsd:element>

Can I specify at WSDL-level a fixed value for the element "AnElement" so that a client (e.g. generated through wscompile) doesn't have to fill it (I mean to programmatically set the value for the above element), or at least it is constrained to use only the specified fixed value?

By guessing (since no wsdl-related documentation has been found), I tried to use the "fixed=" attribute - according to the W3C XML specification - with no success (further details here: https://jax-rpc.dev.java.net/servlets/ReadMsg?list=users&msgNo=2784)