users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: Adding X.509 certificate to SOAP Header

From: Alessio Cervellin <alessio.cervellin_at_sun-cs-italy.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 12:14:46 +0100

Paul Worrall wrote:

> Web Service Tutorial 1.5's explanation of the xws-security frameworks
> implementation of message level security is the way to go.

I'd say yes...
The main difference from JWSDP1.4 and 1.5 is that the programmatic use
of the security APIs (i.e. security filters) is not anymore supported -
though the programmatic use of some security APIs is still possible and
works fine, documented or not, but this approach is not encouraged. The
security framework (xws) is now less procedural and more declarative,
most of things should be done through the wscompile... am I right?