users@jax-rpc.java.net

JAXRPC - "string" as return params - escape chars problem

From: <mohit.saigal_at_us.abb.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 20:20:48 -0800

Hi Folks,
Got your emails from the "java.net" website. Some very helpful articles on
the web site. I am faced with a problem regarding "string" return
parameters from a web serice. Explanation is below, would appreciate all
the help. I tried searching the mailing lists, but to no avail.
By default, if i have a string (which contains xml data) being returned as
part of a JAXRPC webservice return parameter, the escape characters are
showing up (which i presume is the default behaviour).

At this time, i want to avoid a doc-literal style, xml-fragment style and
soap attachments. This is because the rpc-encoded string parameter
works best for our clients.
Is there a way to make the soap handlers AVOID escaping the xml string
data within the soap message? Using JWSDP 1.5
All the help is much appreciated ... example is below:
For example: ....
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<env:Envelope xmlns:env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
xmlns:enc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
xmlns:ns0="http://iem.org/types"
env:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
<env:Body><ans1:getResListResponse xmlns:ans1="iem.org/wsdl">
<result xsi:type="xsd:string">
&lt;resourcelist&gt; &lt;resource name="RES1"
type="GEN" participant="MP1" user="USER1"
delivery_date="2004-11-01" /&gt; &lt;/resourcelist&gt;

</result>
</ans1:getResListResponse>
</env:Body>
</env:Envelope>