users@jax-rpc.java.net

Sessions in jax-rpc

From: Sharib Anis <sharib.anis_at_wilabs.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 09:13:19 +0800

Hello All,

I have developed a web service based on jax-rpc. It works fine, but now
there are some requirements to manage the user sessions properly.

I already had a simple session management, where each user has to login and
logout and I maintain a persistent record of the connection. As we know,
users are not always so smart (to logout)! Also, if the client-server
connection fails for some reason, the user's record remains as logged in.

So basically, I want to know if it's possible to manage sessions inside a
web service. I know I can get the HTTP session from the
ServletEndpointContext. But how do I manage the session invalidation? I
tried using the HttpSessionListener, but it doesn't seem to catch any
session events.

I'm using JWSDP1.3. Any help will be really appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Sharib Anis