users@jax-rpc.java.net

Is web.xml automatically created?

From: <Edward.Bateman_at_ubs.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 17:35:55 -0000

Hi,

On your article at https://jax-rpc.dev.java.net/whitepaper/1.1/index-part2.html, there is an example of using a Service endpoint interface and its implementation to create the necessary files to deploy the web files as a Web Service.
If we follow the first scenario, starting with the .java source files and the wsdl, we can use wscompile to create the model file. We then create the Deployment Descriptor (jaxrpc-ri.xml) as described in the web page (copy and paste). After this, we create the WAR file. In the screenshot, we have a web.xml file included, but I couldn't see how that was created. Am I correct in assuming that I should create the file, or can this be done automatically?

Thanks for any clarification of this.

Kind Regards,

Edward Bateman

Visit our website at http://www.ubs.com

for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you
should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please

arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore
of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If
verification is required please request a hard-copy version. This
related financial instruments.