users@jax-rpc.java.net

Installing JWSDP 1.5 with JDK 1.5

From: Kevin Jones <kevinj_at_develop.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 10:24:20 -0000

I'm trying to install JWSDP 1.5 on a JDK 1.5 machine. This is a clean
install onto Windows 2003. I let JDK 1.5 install into c:\program
files\java\jdk1.5.0 and then install JWSDP 1.5, the install does not find
the JVM. I've tried setting JAVA_HOME and I've tried running the install
with -is:javahome, so

jwspd-1_5-windows-i586.exe -console -is:javahome "c:\program
files\java\jdk1.5.0"

I've also tried JDK 1.5 in a different directory (one without spaces :) ),
and still no luck. The installer simply does not recognise 1.5, I get this

"A suitable JVM could not be found. Please run the program again with the
option -is:javahome <JAVA HOME DIR>"

So how does it recognise a 1.5 JDK?

Kevin Jones
http://public.xdi.org/=kevin.jones