users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: wsdl and soap header question

From: Marc Hadley <Marc.Hadley_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 13:44:31 -0500

Whilst WSDL 1.1 allows you take this approach (bind two abstract
messages to a single protocol message) I think its cleaner to define a
single abstract message with multiple parts and then bind each of the
parts from the single abstract message to some component of a single
protocol message.

Marc.

On Nov 16, 2004, at 11:36 AM, Alessio Cervellin wrote:

> I have a wsdl which defines two messages, each of them having only one
> part, and an operation which puts a message in the body and the other
> one in the header:
> ..
> <wsdl:message name="message1">
> <wsdl:part element="element1" name="body"/>
> </wsdl:message>
> <wsdl:message name="message2">
> <wsdl:part element="element2" name="header"/>
> </wsdl:message>
> ..
> <wsdl:operation name="NewOperation">
> <soap:operation
> soapAction=""
> style="document"/>
> <wsdl:input>
> <soap:body parts="body" use="literal"/>
> <soap:header message="tns:message2" part="header"
> use="literal">
> </soap:header>
> </wsdl:input>
> <wsdl:output>
> <soap:body parts="body" use="literal"/>
> <soap:header message="tns:message2" part="header"
> use="literal">
> </soap:header>
> ..
>
> by compiling this wsdl with wscompile (jwsdp1.5), it generates a _Stub
> class with one method "NewOperation" having only one parameter,
> "element1".
> What I wonder is: shouldn't it have two parameters, element1 and
> element2? Otherwise, how can the stub populate the header with the
> values of element2?

> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help_at_jax-rpc.dev.java.net

---
Marc Hadley <marc.hadley at sun.com>