users@jax-rpc.java.net

WSDL looks like it's been edited by com.sun.xml.rpc.server.http.JAXRPCServlet when it is served up

From: Jay Booth <jbooth_at_net-temps.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 09:45:45 -0500

It looks like the com.sun.xml.rpc.server.http.JAXRPCServlet that gets
generated by wscompile/wsdeploy is taking the following two statements out
of the leading <definitions> tag of my WSDL file when it serves it up.

xmlns:tns="nt:hello" (nt:hello is my targetNamespace)

Does anyone know why this is? Is it a problem?

I ask because in my build process (I'm still on Hello World), I use my
interfaces to generate the WSDL file and WAR for the server, which seems to
work fine. However, when I try to generate my client by getting the WSDL
via HTTP from the server (so i get the most recent one), I get the error

'undeclared namespace prefix: "xsd"'

I telneted to port 80 on my test box and did a GET request for the WSDL and
the tag declaring the xmlns:xsd namespace was missing... but then when I
went to my deployment dir and opened the WSDL file it was there. So the
servlet must be stripping it out for some reason. Is this on purpose?
Should I just re-engineer my build to get a copy of the WSDL file and keep
it in my build directory somewhere?

Thanks,
Jay

PS. Resin for whatever reason can't unjar the war file that gets created by
wsdeploy. However if I go in and jar -xvf it everything works fine. Might
this have something to do with my problem? I really wouldn't think so. My
version of resin's a little old but it's a WAR file still, it should work.