users@jax-rpc.java.net

Sending application classes from client

From: Ian Jones <ijones_at_piper-group.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 14:49:25 -0000

Hello,

Apologies if this is a very fundamental question but I can't find the
answer I'm looking for by searching the web.

I've got a JAX RPC web service that sends many different custom types
from it to the client application and this works fine. But now I could
do with sending a bunch of custom types from the client to the server in
a HashSet. I've tried creating the class in the same place as the all
server custom types and generating the WSDL, stubs and ties as before
but when I try to then use it on the client I get this error:

java.rmi.RemoteException: serialization error: no serializer is
registered for (class com.piper.trilogiview.export.ExportTOCFileDesc,
null); nested exception is:
      serialization error: no serializer is registered for (class
com.piper.trilogiview.export.ExportTOCFileDesc, null)

So, is It possible to send custom types from the client to the server as
I would like? If so, if it can be easily explained to me as to what has
to be done to achieve this it will be very much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Ian Jones
Senior Analyst Developer
Piper Group plc
Email: ijones_at_piper-group.com
Tel: + 44 (0) 1454 284900
Fax: + 44 (0) 1454 284950
www.piper-group.com <http://www.piper-group.com/>

Information contained in this e-mail is intended for the use of the
addressee only, and is confidential and may be the subject of legal
professional privilege. Any dissemination, distribution, copying or use
of this communication without permission of the addressee is strictly
prohibited. The views expressed in this communication may not
necessarily be the views held by Piper Group plc.