users@jax-rpc.java.net

Sun application server 8 deployment

From: Dan <dannox02_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 12:54:01 -0400 (EDT)

I have been learning to use the application server 8
to deploy my web services and have a couple of
problems. I can get a basic service deployed no
problem but I am confused about:

1) When I use deploytool utility to create the WSDL
and deploy from source it produces WSDL that specifies
the service as RPC/encoded, and I can't figure out how
to get it to be doc/literal. Actually it should use
"wrapped". I s there a way to make it use wrapped?

2) I started with web services on the .NET platform
where it is very easy to include metadata in the
source that specifies what methods require information
from a SOAP header (which is in turn translated into
WSDL). I have found no way to get this type of
information in the WSDL using a java->WSDL tool. Is
it possible to generate the WSDL with SOAP header
information from source? I know how to add headers in
clients and retrieve them on the server, but how do I
get it into the WSDL without manual intervention?

Although I'm currently looking into the Sun solution I
started out using AXIS, and that is probably where
we'll have to live for release so if there are
solutions to these problems on AXIS that would be
great too ;-)
Thanks,