users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: Is Apache Axis required to deploy JAX-RPC application?.

From: Bobby Bissett <Robert.Bissett_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 12:13:47 -0400

> Hm, I thought the cooked .war is Sun specific, since wsdeploy generates
> dependencies to Sun classes.

Like other war files, it should work in any serlvet-compliant web server
as long as the needed classes are in the classpath of the web server (or
are in the war file). I have used a standalone tomcat server (the
servlet container RI) in the past and simply copied the jaxrpc jars into
the common/lib dir and it has worked fine.

> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> com.sun.xml.rpc.server.http.JAXRPCContextListener

Are the jar files definitely in the classpath? If you installed jwsdp
over the suggested tomcat container, this should happen automatically.
Otherwise, try copying the jwsdp jars into the server's common lib
directory. The file you're missing is in the jaxrpc-impl.jar file.

Cheers,
Bobby