users@jax-rpc.java.net

wsdeploy and JAX-RPC service issues

From: Colin Ramsay <colramsay_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 15:12:51 +0000

Hi alll,

Trying to write a simple JAX-RPC app here (jwsdk 1.4) but am having some
problems.

I'm trying to create a deployable WAR file , using wsdeploy but it is
returning an error, namely:

error: error: file not found: Implementation specified in jaxrpc-ri.xml for
Numb
erService is incorrect

the names in my jaxrpc-ri.xml, web.xml files seem correct to me and can't
seem to figure out what is the error.

my jaxrpc-ri.xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<webServices
       xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/jax-rpc/ri/dd"
       version="1.0"
       targetNamespaceBase="http://carpartsheaven.org/wsdl"
        typeNamespaceBase="http://carpartsheaven.org/types"
       urlPatternBase="/ws">
       <endpoint
           name="NumberService"
           displayName="Number Request Service"
           description="A simple web service"
           interface="NumberReq.NumberServiceIF"
           implementation="NumberReq.NumberServiceImpl"/>
       <endpointMapping
           endpointName="NumberService"
           urlPattern="/NumberService"/>
</webServices>

In general I am confused about the actual steps that you go through to
create a Service, there are a number of documents out there on the subject
some outdated, some describing services far more complex than my own. I've
listed the steps that I've gone through to create my service, if there is
something missing or a step is out of sync the please let me know:

1. create interface and impl in a package, then compile.
2. Create config.xml
3. Create stubs, WSDl etc with : wscompile -gen:both -classpath . -d .
config.xml
4. Create folder with jaxrpc-ri.xml and web.xml in WEB-INF and stubs etc in
classes folder (of WEB-INF).
5. Create WAR within folder created in step 4 : jar cvf X.war * from
command line
6. wsdeploy -o NewX.war X.war
7. place in C:\Sun\AppServer\domains\domain1\autodeploy
8. start up server

I'm not having much success with this. I realise there may be trivial
solutions to these problems but I'm really struggling to get to grips with
JAX-RPC, any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Jim