users@jax-rpc.java.net

RE: Is Apache Axis required to deploy JAX-RPC application?.

From: Kevin Jones <kevinj_at_develop.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 12:25:10 +0100

What I do is build the raw WAR file and make sure it contains the jar files
from the JAXRPC etc libs in the WEB-INF/lib. I don't want to pollute
Tomcat's common directory with files that may affect other apps. I then cook
the war and deploy it to TC.

My note about Xerces is because JWSDP 1.4 relies on Sun's version of Xerces
and simply including those JARS (xercesimpl etc) in the WEB-INF/lib won't
work, you have to replace the Endorsed JARs in TC,

Kevin Jones
http://kevinj.develop.com