users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: [Fwd: Security with JAX-RPC]

From: Anil Kumar Tappetla <Anil.Tappetla_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 18:20:26 +0530

Hi Shaba,
         please refer to
http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/docs/tutorial/doc/index.html (Chapter 32,
XML and Web Services Security Section) for authentication techniques
with JAX-RPC.
          As far as authorizing users to tables in your database, you
should be using the support offered by your database management system
to create roles/permissions.
          If however, that does not help and you would be interested in
exploring the possibility of using WS-Security (which is part of
jwsdp1.4), please let us know, so that we can give you a detailed
alternative solution.
Thanks,
Anil.