users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: problem with WSDL file, "jaxrpc compilation exception" in .ear deploy step

From: Merten Schumann <Merten.Schumann_at_asg.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 11:12:14 +0200

To finalize this discussion:

Found that I really have to declare two EJBs, with their own WSDL,
different endpoints and port names (logical port names have to be
different). I used the same implementation class (<ejb-class>). So now I
can access my web service (wrapped in one .ear) via WSI compliant and
non WSI compliant interface. Works in Sun App Server 8 and IBM WebSphere
6.

The only problem (ok, it's a minor one, but to mention it): the EJB
container will maintain instances of my session bean per endpoint. That
means, instances created for WSI compliant clients will not be used for
non WSI compliant clients and vice versa. Although it's the same
implementation class.

   Merten