users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: Is Apache Axis required to deploy JAX-RPC application?.

From: Ramesh Mandava <Ramesh.Mandava_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2004 23:28:16 -0700

Hi Shaba:

shaba dil wrote:

>Hi Ramesh Babu,
>
>Thanks for ur precise information.It's really
>helpfull.But even though i get the same error.
>

>> I extracted the attached target.war and find out
>>that you don't have endpointmapping for endpoint
>>with name "SunRegService".
>>

>I have changed the endpointmapping to SunRegService.
>

>>http://java.sun.com/webservices/containers/tomcat_for_JWSDP_1_4.html
>>

>i have installed this tomcat.But this tomcat exits
>while i try to start up.

  What error message are you getting? I just installed The above
mentioned Tomcat and installed JWSDP 1.4 over that. Then I went to
<TOMCAT_HOME>/bin and did

 catalina.bat run

I can see the sever was up.

 Then I deployed the target.war which you sent me and see the Web
service is up at

http://localhost:8080/target/sunreg

I am seeing the following info

==

  Web Services

Port Name Status Information
SunRegService ACTIVE
Address: http://localhost:8080/target/sunreg
WSDL: http://localhost:8080/target/sunreg?WSDL
Port QName: {http://mysite.com/wsdl}SunRegPortPort
Remote interface: sunreg.SunRegPort
Implementation class: sunreg.SunRegImpl
Model: http://localhost:8080/target/sunreg?model

====

>But i installed Tomcat 5.0.19
>as another installation after that(downloaded from
>apache site).and put my target.war file to the webapps
>directory.But the same error is displaying.

  With the new Tomcat installation, you may not be having the full
environment setup needed for running JAXRPC based webservice. Because of
the need for some botstrap changes, the scripts provided with JWSDP 1.4
won't help you with this. I would strongly recommend you to try out
with the Tomcat version available at the above link.

 If you can give us more info like what error is coming up with the
recommended Tomcat setup, I can help you further.

 Please use "catalina.bat run" if you are using windows and let me know
what you see on the command tool.

Also if you are in USA, you can send me your phone number and I can give
you call and walk you through the steps.
We have break for whole of July second week ( July 5-July 10 ), but I
would still try to help you out with this issues as soon as possible for me.

Regards
-Ramesh