users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: JWSDP Compatibility with JDK1.3.x

From: Dermot Dwyer <derm_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 10:50:29 +0100 (BST)

Narinder Kumar <nkumarfr_at_aol.com> wrote:Hi All,

 Is it possible to use JWSDP with JDK1.3.1 ?

I know in the release documents, it is clearly written that we need to have version 1.4.1 or higher of JDK, but my problem is a bit peculiar in the sense that I have completely implemented web service but one of the production environments oblige us to use only JDK1.3.1.

Is there any way or workaround to patch/retrofact ?

Any helps, inputs greatly appreciated.

Narinder
--------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe_at_jax-rpc.dev.java.net For additional commands, e-mail: users-help_at_jax-rpc.dev.java.net

JWSDP running under WebSphere 4.x with a 1.3 JVM. It was a bit fiddly to get it

to work.I needed to install lumberjack (after a slight hack), to get the classpath

right for Xerces was tricky as WebSphere needs an earlier version. I run the wscompile

with a later JVM and then just compile up the output. I had to subclass the JAXRPC

servlet because it uses the 2.3 servlet spec and I had to change the web.xml stuff.

Finally I found that the wsdeploy only did part of what I needed so I let it run and then

repack the JARs with an ant script

Cheers

Dermot