users@jax-rpc.java.net

problem with wscompile and complex types

From: <DCozza_at_connected.com>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 12:59:13 -0400

Hello all. I'm hoping this problem is me doing something foolish.

I recently started using jaxrpc (from jwsdp1.3) to generate client stubs
from a wsdl file. The wsdl was generated by gSoap, which is used for the
server. This was working fine until we built in a new soap call that had a
complex type return value that was declared within the wsdl. Now, wscompile
fails with the error:

error: modeler error: unsupported schema type: "{ErrorExample}SomeType"

Note that this wsdl works fine for generating c# client code - it only fails
using jaxrpc. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Here is the wsdl that causes the above error to occur:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<definitions name="ErrorExample"
targetNamespace="http://localhost/ErrorExample.wsdl"
xmlns:tns="http://localhost/ErrorExample.wsdl"
xmlns:ns="ErrorExample"
xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/"
xmlns:WSDL="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/">

<types>

<schema targetNamespace="ErrorExample"
xmlns:ns="ErrorExample"
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
elementFormDefault="unqualified"
attributeFormDefault="unqualified">
<import namespace="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"/>
<complexType name="SomeType">
<sequence>
<element name="someData" type="xsd:byte" minOccurs="0"
maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
</sequence>
</complexType>
</schema>

</types>

<message name="SomeCallRequest">
<part name="param-1" type="xsd:string"/>
</message>

<message name="someCallResponse">
<part name="return" type="ns:SomeType"/>
</message>

<portType name="ErrorExamplePortType">
<operation name="SomeCall">
<documentation>Service definition of function ns__SomeCall</documentation>
<input message="tns:SomeCallRequest"/>
<output message="tns:someCallResponse"/>
</operation>
</portType>

<binding name="ErrorExample" type="tns:ErrorExamplePortType">
<SOAP:binding style="rpc" transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http"/>
<operation name="SomeCall">
<SOAP:operation soapAction=""/>
<input>
<SOAP:body use="encoded" namespace="ErrorExample"
encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"/>
</input>
<output>
<SOAP:body use="encoded" namespace="ErrorExample"
encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"/>
</output>
</operation>
</binding>

<service name="ErrorExample">
<documentation>gSOAP 2.5.2 generated service definition</documentation>
<port name="ErrorExample" binding="tns:ErrorExample">
<SOAP:address location="http://localhost"/>
</port>
</service>

</definitions>