users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: Best practices for migrating server & client from test to production

From: Ewan Harrow <3mkrc7902_at_sneakemail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 08:27:47 +0100 (BST)

Thx Doug,

Ok thats fine but my scenario is as follows:
* Have a webservice that needs deploying to different servers
(Test->Staging->Live). Your reply below answers any problem with this.

* Have a client deployed in the same way as a WAR. The developer
ideally does not want to rebuild each time the "server" is moved to a
different ip address. He would rather have the client's "view" of the
endpoint (the host url in the stubs) made a deployment step in the same
way as JDBC Datasources and other resources are in J2EE.

can I achieve this easily?

ewan

 --- "Doug Kohlert Doug.Kohlert-at-Sun.COM |newsgroups|"
<loynhwjh3p0t_at_sneakemail.com> wrote: > Ewan,