users@jax-rpc.java.net

Best practices for migrating server & client from test to production

From: Ewan Harrow <3mkrc7902_at_sneakemail.com>
Date: 21 Apr 2004 16:33:29 -0000

Newbie question!

I am about to put a webservice into production. This means I need to regen the wsdl so that clients can use it as the end point has changed.

Is there a way this can be parametised so that the endpoint is set at deployment or runtime as opposed to hardcoded in the generate stubs? I know I could hack the generated files to add this but is there an official way? Some sort of service locator perhaps?

rgds

ewan