users@jax-rpc.java.net

Using unbounded sequences

From: Christof Strack <christof.strack_at_sun.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 09:41:13 +0100

Hi,

I build a web service which uses as a value type the following type:
            <xsd:complexType name="TroubleTicketValueType">
                <xsd:sequence>
                    <xsd:element name="value" type="xsd:string"
minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
                </xsd:sequence>
            </xsd:complexType>
When I process this with wscompile (rpc/encoded) I get an error message
that this type is not supported.
 From the mailing list I've seen one option is to convert the sequence
to an array. This is not an option for me since the schema has to stay
fixed (compatability).
What other options do I have? Is it possible to use JAXB together with
JAX-RPC but still use rpc/encoded style?

Regards Christof