users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: Problems integrating with VB

From: Matthew Laurenson <MLaurenson_at_hortresearch.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 09:18:04 +1300

>>> Graham Lea<Grahaml_at_forge.com.au> 12/03/2004 12:26:35 p.m. >>>
> I'm trying to access my Java Web Service through Visual Basic.
> It can work when I use simple types, but if I return a
two-dimensional
> array, VB tells me "Array dimensions do not match definition" - which
is
> not true, because it works with Java to Java.

Hi Graham

I'm not sure if you are working with .Net or VB6/MS SOAP Toolkit. I
tried to use 2D arrays with a JAXRPC/VB6 combination about a year ago,
but ended up abandoning it and using a kind of "arrays of (structs
containing arrays)" approach. As I remember it, the MS SOAP Toolkit
documentation said that 2D arrays weren't supported, or at least that
was the message that I picked up from reading groups.

If you are looking with compatibility with other SOAP toolkits, I think
that 2D arrays are only supported by a limited number.

Regards
Matthew

Matthew Laurenson
Horticulture and Food Research Institute of New Zealand
120 Mt Albert Road
Private Bag 92 169
Auckland
NEW ZEALAND