users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: "QName" class was not found.....any other jar class?

From: Arun Gupta <Arun.Gupta_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 08:13:02 -0800

Hi Irda,

javax.xml.namespace.QName is available in
JWSDP_HOME/jwsdps-shared/lib/jax-qname.jar.

For running the client, you need to include all the jar files required
by jax-rpc client runtime. These are

JWSDP_HOME/jaxrpc/lib/*.jar
JWSDP_HOME//saaj/lib/*.jar
JWSDP_HOME/jwsdp-shared/lib/*.jar (not all are required, but this is
convenient)
JWSDP_HOME/jaxp/lib/*.jar
JWSDP_HOME/jaxp/lib/endorsed/*.jar

Hoping that you see the output soon.
-Arun

Irda Ab Rahman wrote:

> Dear Arun ,
>
> Appreciated ur prompt reply on a good hints abt the missing "/ - THNx!"
>
> The missing "/" at the "endpoint" element has been rectified and now,
> I've generated the cooked WAR file - stock.war and all the server
> artifacts at the tmpdir in order to deploy StockQouteProvider service
> at Tomcat container. Apparently , there is a slight problem while
> starting to invoke the service using the StockClient.class.....
>
> The error turned out as below while run the StockClient wf -classpath
> StockClient.jar :-

> javax/xml/namespace/Q
> Name
> at
> com.example.StockQuoteService_Impl.<clinit>(StockQuoteService_Impl.ja
> va:19)
> at com.example.StockClient.main(StockClient.java:18)
>
> Really hope to get another hints on execute the StockClient......and
> hope i can see the output soon.
>
> 2nd cry for help to see the getLastTradePrice() output......
> Irda
>

> Arun Gupta wrote:
>
>> Hi Irda,
>>
>> There was a missing "/" in the "endpoint" element of jaxrpc-ri.xml in
>> the part 2 of the whitepaper. I've fixed the typo. Please refresh the
>> local copy of your whitepaper and copy the deployment descriptor again.
>>
>> Let me know if you face any other problems.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -Arun
>>
>> Irda Ab Rahman wrote:
>>
>>> Dear Arun and others,
>>>
>>> As a new beginner in learning the sample "StockQoute" services in
>>> the Understanding Your JAX-RPC SI En Part1 and Part 2 document, I
>>> deliberately found a few error(s) after generating a cooked war
>>> file using wsdeploy. Kindly to have ur kind assistance in starting
>>> to deploy this StockQuote service at Tomcat.
>>>
>>> The error look like this :-
>>>
>>> invalid element "endpointMapping" in deployment descriptor (line 19)
>>> invalid element "endpointMapping" in deployment descriptor (line 19)
>>> at
>>> com.sun.xml.rpc.tools.wsdeploy.DeploymentDescriptorParser.failWithLoc
>>> alName(DeploymentDescriptorParser.java:324)
>>> at
>>> com.sun.xml.rpc.tools.wsdeploy.DeploymentDescriptorParser.parseEndpoi
>>> nt(DeploymentDescriptorParser.java:256)
>>> at
>>> com.sun.xml.rpc.tools.wsdeploy.DeploymentDescriptorParser.parseWebSer
>>> vices(DeploymentDescriptorParser.java:61)
>>> at
>>> com.sun.xml.rpc.tools.wsdeploy.DeploymentDescriptorParser.parse(Deplo
>>> ymentDescriptorParser.java:33)
>>> at
>>> com.sun.xml.rpc.tools.wsdeploy.DeployTool.run(DeployTool.java:211)
>>> at com.sun.xml.rpc.util.ToolBase.run(ToolBase.java:40)
>>> at com.sun.xml.rpc.tools.wsdeploy.Main.main(Main.java:24)
>>> at
>>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.
>>> java:39)
>>> at
>>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces

--
got Web Services ?
Download Java Web Services Developer Pack from