users@jax-rpc.java.net

Wsdeploy NullPointerException when compiling generated classes using Maven

From: Ewan Harrow <3mkrc7902_at_sneakemail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 13:47:35 +0000 (GMT)

Hi

I am trying to migrate a jax-rpc project to maven from ant but have
hit a brick wall when running wsdeploy. Specifically wsdeploy throws
NPE. I used to have the same problem running wscompile from maven
but solved it by getting maven to use a different class loader.
Unfortunatly the same trick does not work with wsdeploy. I have
though found the problem and it is where it tries to uses javac to
compile the generated classes but is getting the NPE as the following
returns null in JavaCompilerHelper.internalCompile():

ClassLoader cl = Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader();

I patched the code (see attachment) to set cl to the system
classloader if it is null so the NPE goes away but now I get a
ClassNotFoundException for com.sun.tools.javac.Main.

Ewan