users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: JAX-RPC special character (like ampersand) encoding question

From: Bobby Bissett - Javasoft <robert.bissett_at_sun.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 14:20:56 -0500

Bubble Lo wrote:
> Thanks Bobby. I would really appreciate if you can give me some ideas to
> work around this problem.

Hi again,

This has now been fixed in the jaxrpc si. It only occurred when handlers
were used, and I think only affected the ampersand, less than, greater
than, and double quote characters.

As for a workaround....hmmm.... Until you get the fix, the only thing I
can think of is either not use "&" when using handlers or, since you
have a handler anyway, have the handler step through the child nodes and
do a replace in any text nodes that contain the wrong thing. If you
already know the name(s) of the text elements in the request/response,
then hopefully this isn't too much of a burden. Sorry there's not an
easier workaround at the client end, but the fix will be in the binary
builds on java.net once we start putting them up (but they won't be
tested/supported like an official release).

Thanks though for letting us know about this issue.

Cheers,
Bobby