users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: JAX-RPC and Apache Axis

From: Anne Thomas Manes <anne_at_manes.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 20:02:25 -0500

VPK,

In all the responses to your email, I never saw an answer to your specific
question.

There are quite a few Web services platforms for Java that implement the
JAX-RPC and SAAJ APIs. You may use any implementation of these APIs to
build Web services.

Sun provides the reference implementations for these APIs in the JWSDP
distribution. Sun promotes these reference implementations as product quality.

Apache Axis also implements the JAX-RPC and SAAJ APIs.
Other implementations include:
- BEA WebLogic
- IBM WebSphere
- Oracle 10g Application Server