users@jax-rpc.java.net

Uses of Java primitive types rather than wrappers

From: John Colgrave <colgrave_at_hursley.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 22:03:30 -0000

I have a schema that includes the something similar to the following (where
the uddi_sub prefix is bound to the current namespace):

<xsd:simpleType name="brief">
    <xsd:restriction base="xsd:boolean"/>
</xsd:simpleType>
<xsd:element name="maxEntities" type="uddi_sub:maxEntities"/>
<xsd:simpleType name="maxEntities">
    <xsd:restriction base="xsd:int"/>
</xsd:simpleType>
<xsd:complexType name="subscription">
    <xsd:sequence>
        <xsd:element ref="uddi_sub:maxEntities" minOccurs="0"/>
    </xsd:sequence>
    <xsd:attribute name="brief" type="uddi_sub:brief" use="optional"/>
</xsd:complexType>

When I generate client code from this schema using the JAX-RPC 1.1 SI in
JWSDP 1.3, the brief attribute is of type boolean whereas I would expect it
to be of type Boolean, and similarly maxEntities is of type int when I would
expect it to be of type Integer.

In similar circumstances when xsd:boolean is used directly then that is
mapped to Boolean.

The subscription element is only used as part of a WSDL output message.
Does that make a difference? I don't recall seeing that in the JAX-RPC 1.1
Specification but I could have missed it.

John Colgrave
IBM