users@jax-rpc.java.net

Use of a complexType as both output and fault

From: John Colgrave <colgrave_at_hursley.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 12:29:30 -0000

The UDDI WSDL uses the dispositionReport complexType as both output and
fault in some portTypes, but not others. In others it is used just as a
fault.

If I run wscompile against a WSDL file containing just a service containing
just a port for a binding for a portType where dispositionReport is used
just as a fault, I just get a DispositionReport class generated.

If I run wscompile against a WSDL file containing just a service containing
just a port for a binding for a portType where dispositionReport is used as
both an output and a fault then I get two classes generated:
DispositionReport_Type and DispositionReport_Exception so it seems that the
name collision rules in table 4-5 in the JAX-RPC 1.1 Specification have been
applied.

Is it the intended behavior that neither of the uses of dispositionReport in
this second case retain the original name? If I run wscompile twice, once
for the first case and once for the second, the same WSDL entity is treated
two different ways, in the first case the exception class is called just
DispositionReport and in the second case it is called
DispositionReport_Exception, and if I direct both runs of wscompile to
output the generated code in the same tree I get all three variations.

The only way I have been able to get a consistent set of code generated is
by combining all of the service definitions into a single WSDL file. Is
this the approach that is required by wscompile?

John Colgrave
IBM