users@jax-rpc.java.net

Creating a doc/literal server from interface/impl

From: Kevin Jones <kevinj_at_develop.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 18:57:11 -0000

To create a doc/literal starting with Java I do the following

Define the itf/impl classes
Run wscompile like this

<wscompile
   config="${descriptor.dir}/config.xml"
   verbose="true"
   define="true"
   classpathref="local.project.classpath"
   keep="true"
   nonclassdir="${generated.dir}"
   model="${generated.dir}/model.gz"
   f="documentliteral"/>

(it's the ant task but I think it's an obvious mapping to the cmd line)

This task creates a model file.

I then create a war with the compiled itf/impl and other classes and add
the model file to web-inf in the war.

I then run wsdeploy on the intermediate war to create a war that
contains the web service code. I don't need to put the WSDL file
generated in the wscompile step into the intermediate war, just the
model file. This gives me a doc/lit web service.

Is this the only way, or can I do this directly with wsdeploy?

Kevin Jones
http://kevinj.develop.com