users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: Urgent - How can I solve this error when I compile and process-war my WEB SERVICE Interface and Implementation ?

From: Arun Gupta <arun.gupta_at_sun.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 23:11:47 -0700

Hi Ramasamy,

JAX-RPC 1.1 defines mapping for two additional Java classes, other than
the ones mentioned in JAX-RPC 1.0, namely java.net.URI and
javax.xml.namespace.QName. From JAX-RPC 1.0, it continues to support
java.lang.String, java.util.Date, java.util.Calendar,
java.math.BigInteger and java.math.BigDecimal.

In the classes attached in your email, User class has a setter for URL
but does not have a getter. Thus it will not be considered as a valid
value type. The last bullet in section 5.4 requirements clearly mandates
to have a getter/setter for each field to be considered during
serialization. If I add a getter to your User class such as ..

private URL url;
  public void setUrl(URL temp) { url = temp; }
  public URL getUrl() { return; }

then wscompile rejects this class giving exactly the same error, i.e.
"class java.net.URL does not have a public accessible empty
constructor". However if you change java.net.URL to java.net.URI, then
it should work fine.

Thanks for your interest in JAX-RPC.

Regards,
-Arun