users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: Plugging JAXB into JAXRPC via the Extensible Type Mapping /Serialization Framework ?

From: Saurabh Arora <sarora_at_NOVELL.COM>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 21:58:05 -0600

Well, there are two ways of doing this which are beyond any one of the specs.
They are the following:-

1) Use a Servlet (or JAXMServlet) to receive a request and convert it into SOAP Packet using SAAJ API, and then extract the SoapBody and convert to JAXB Objects.

  InputStream --> SAAJ Objects --> Soap Body --------> JAXB Objects

for SoapBody to JAXB Objects you would need to implement a Tree Walker for SAAJ Body.

 In case you don't want to create SAAJ Objects , you can directly convert inputstream to JAXB Objects, but in that case you would need to bind SOAP schema also to your custom schema. That is why , the above approach is recommended.

Advantage of Approach
+---- Able to link to JAXB

Limitations of Approach
+----- Used HTTPServlet , hence not transport-independent.

2) If you are not bounfd to JAX-RPC , you can also use Message Style Services from Axis.

Limitations of Approach
+---- Used Axis , hence not portable (Portability at source-level also lost, binary level portability is not present in JAX-RPC )

saurabh arora

>>> khookguy_at_YAHOO.COM 7/22/2003 8:14:22 AM >>>
When I tried this, the -f:nodatabinding didn't do anything (JAX-RPC) still generated complex java types. Did anyone else have any luck?

Does anyone know how I can get JAXRPC to just bind my Schema to a SOAPElement or DOM??

Thanks,

Mark