users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: Creating a SOAPElement instance from an XML file ??

From: Hansen Mark <khookguy_at_YAHOO.COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 20:15:29 -0600

Yes, it is clear that the intent of the SAAJ design is that SOAPElement should exist as a child of a SOAP envelope. However, JAX-RPC RI wscompile often maps XML schema types to SOAPElement. So, a client proxy that wishes to use such a service must pass a SOAPElement as a parameter.

So what should one do in this situation? Create a dummy SOAPMessage, so that you can attach a DOM to it with attachDocument() and thereby get a SOAPElement? Seems convoluted.

Thanks for your help,

Mark