users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: wsdl message part: element or type or both? (error)

From: Pedro Salazar <pedro-b-salazar_at_PTINOVACAO.PT>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 13:57:34 +0000

Hi Anne,

On Fri, 2003-03-28 at 12:51, Anne Thomas Manes wrote:
> You must use type= with rpc/encoded and element= with doc/literal.

Indeed, you're right! I saw the reference in wsdl/jaxrpc specifications.

However, I didn't understood well what the difference beyond the idea
that the doc/literal permits the element or type references, and the
rpc/encoded only references to abstract types.

Could you explain me better the differences in concrete, maybe through a
SOAP sample, I don't know? I mean, the 2 different approaches affects
the SOAP message format, and is not just a form of definition of
messages in WSDL document, or is it?

thanks,
Pedro Salazar.
--