users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: Forte for developing web service

From: Cruz Roderico <roderico.cruz_at_sun.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 11:42:24 -0700

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003 17:16:09 +0530, Mandalika Bhattacharya <mandalika.bhattacharya_at_MENTORIX.COM> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Please tell me whether forte works with Apache Tomcat for developing web
>services.
>Or does it work only with iPlanet Application Server?
>
>Thanks
>Mandalika

In the last release of forte, you can deploy and execute to Tomcat.
However, you cannot use the Tomcat that is supplied by the IDE because
it is not configured with the JAXRPC runtime.
You must use the Tomcat that is provided by JWSDP. There are instructions
in the Getting Started Guide on how to do this.
Rico