users@jax-rpc.java.net

RE: Errors encountered serializing arrays of primitive types embe dded in Maps, Vectors, or complex types.

From: Almeida, Timothy <timothya_at_firepond.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 10:45:19 -0600

Am not sure what the version is (Where do I find the version number?), but I
downloaded it on December 6th2002, if that provides a clue. Also, the file
name of the install is jwsdp-1_0_01-windows-i586.exe -- so I assume its
version 1.0.01
I can't readily reproduce the stack trace now, without making code changes
and rebuilding etc., but I can assure you that the errors are eminently
reproducible. I do remember that the exception was being thrown by some
class that had xml.encoding as part of its package name.
For example, use of a complex type like the one below will reveal the
problem -- due to the presence of the string array.

public class Complex implements java.io.Serializable
{
  private String str[];
  public Complex()
  {