users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: Session state

From: Tim <dh_jaxrpc_at_UGCS.NET>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 09:07:38 -0800

Couple of questions:

1) How do you know you get a different HttpSession? Do you print out the
HttpSession object and its address is different all the time? This seems
to be normal in Tomcat. Try instead putting some object in the HttpSession
and then retrieve it again on a subsequent request.

2) You also have to use the *same* Stub/Proxy to make all requests.
Session tracking seems to be done on a per stub/proxy basis, which is
correct, I was afraid it would not work like this :)

E.g.:

Stub hello = getProxy();

hello._setProperty(maintain.session, true);

// start a new session on this call
hello.method1(....);
// use the same session on this call
hello.method2(....);

// create a new stub which will keep its own session
hello = getProxy();

hello._setProperty(maintain.session, true);

// this will create a new session
hello.method1(....);
// and this will use the newly created session again
hello.method2(....);

This works with the latest verion of the JWSDP.

I hope it helps. Good luck!

--
Tim