users@jax-rpc.java.net

wscompile generated files

From: richard <richard.c.murphy_at_ATTBI.COM>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 16:48:56 -0500

Hi All:

I may be answering my own question here.

I did a -keep and looked through the source on _Service_Impl, _Service,
_PortType and _PortType_Stub.

If I cast to the _PortType instead of the service interface, I lose the
runtime exception.

So my code is now:

//gets the stub from the service implementation, the type of the stub is
   //actually GenomicsEndpoint_PortType_Stub
Stub stub = (Stub)(new
GenomicsEndpoint_Service_Impl().getGenomicsEndpointPort());

//gets the port type interface from the stub
GenomicsEndpoint_PortType endpoint = (GenomicsEndpoint_PortType)stub;

If I look in the client jar file in the hello example, there are 2
HelloIF.class files. Could it be the case that the hello example is
referencing the port type interface and the wscompile or xrpcc tools did
not differentiate the names?

If so, why did my files get named differently ?

--
Thanks,
Richard