users@jax-rpc.java.net

The JAX-RPC Parameter Ordering Rules

From: James Pasley <james.pasley_at_CAPECLEAR.COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 17:55:54 +0100

Section 4.3.4 of the spec defines how to interpret the parameterOrder
attribute in order to recreate the RPC signature for the operation.

My question is this, when following these rules, what is the RPC signature
for the SubscribeToQuotes operation contained in Example 3 (Section 3.1) of
the WSDL recommendation?

As I see it, the issue here is that the element that goes into the header is
defined in the same wsdl:message as the part which goes into the body.
Following the JAX-RPC rules would mean that both "body" and
"subscribeheader" get added as parameters to the message, but this is
clearly not the intent of the WSDL.

I know the binding is doc/literal so it could be argued that I shouldn't be
concerned with the RPC signature. However, people will always what to
generate code from the WSDL regardless of the binding type.

James.

Cape Clear Software Limited.
61 Fitzwilliam Lane
Dublin 2
Ireland

Email : james.pasley_at_capeclear.com
Switchboard : + 353 (1) 2419900
Direct line : + 353 (1) 2419957
Fax : + 353 (1) 2419901
www : www.capeclear.com

NEW CapeStudio 3, out now
Design, develop, integrate & deploy Web Services
http://www.capeclear.com/download