users@jax-rpc.java.net

Heap experience with Palm

From: Mischa Zurke <yawningrascal_at_HOTMAIL.COM>
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 09:44:10 -0600

Hi,

I wonder if anybody succeed running a web service on Palm with kSoap. What I mean is not POS but a real one. I used MochaPPP to redirect my PPP session to the host's TCP/IP Stack. So the connection was no problem. I tried to request just one single String from my web service and my palm was running out of heap memory. So I guess SOAP processing uses heap memory to a high degree. Ok, my Palm has just 20k application memory but I guess with the maximum of 64K for MIDP applications it is the same problem when I am sending a big chunk of soap data. So what are you thinking ... better use a conduit for soap processing and hotsync the data to the palm?

Thanx and greets,
Mischa