users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: non-built-in/value data types and serialization/deserialzation problems

From: Phil Goodwin <Phil.Goodwin_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 16:10:11 -0700

It looks like your objects are getting serialized without causing an
exception. It's when the server tries to deserialize them that the
trouble starts. The server must know about these types in order to
deserialize them. I think that the problem lies somewhere in the
generation of the server-side artifacts.

Havaldar, Raghu wrote:

>I found out that a value-type needs to be a Java-Bean to be transmitted
>across the
>wire (as per the 1.0.1 JAXRPC-RI). Does this reflect the JAX-RPC spec
>Section 5.4 ?
>
>>From my understanding, a value-type can be a non-bean with its properties
>defined to be public (which is what I had implemented, and the RI failed to
>deserialize).
>
>Does anybody have experiences w/ non-JavaBean value-types ?
>
>thanks,
>raghu

Phil Goodwin, Java Software, Sun Microsystems, 408.276.7090, or x17090
For a bowl of water give a goodly meal;
For a kindly greeting bow thou down with zeal;
For a simple penny pay thou back with gold;
If thy life be rescued, life do not withhold.
Thus the words and actions of the wise regard;
Every little service tenfold they reward.
But the truly noble know all men as one,
And return with gladness good for evil done.